Saturday 27 July 2013

Faiths 'F'

Here is a swap I've done with Faith from artistic creationz.  This was a partnered swap to decorate our partners initial.  We had to decorate it in a shabby chic style, which is something I really don't do a lot of, but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge.

 
I had real fun with this challenge, a great chance to get out all those pretty laces, flowers and things to make a 'girlie' project.  I started by painting the F with gesso, then I covered it with 5 different laces.  Then came the fun bit, all the trims and flowers came out.  I used a handmade lace flower I've had in my stash for a long time, then crochetted more white flowers.  The peacock feathers worked well and gave the colours a bit of a lift.  Little pink mini roses and pearls finished it off.


 
I hope Faith likes this as much as I liked making it.  Now I'm really looking forward to the 'B' she is making for me.  I will be fantastic, as she is a brilliant crafter.  I'll post a photo when I receive it.
 
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a happy crafty day.

1 comment:

  1. F for Fenella, I love it - hee hee, I might get you to do the kids names like that I will buy the letters etc, a boys name might be a bit harder but you say you love the challenge =)

    ReplyDelete