Thursday 8 August 2013

Art Journal swap

I have created this Art Journal for a partnered swap with Tai over at artistic creationz.  This is another project I had not attempted.  The brief we were given was to create a blank journal from any materials we chose, but it had to include at least one signature of 20 pages, while considering adding pockets/flaps/tags etc, and be an A5 size.


Here I have used corrugated card for front & back covers, while for my 'signature' of 20 pages, which I've used pages from an art sketch pad, I have split into 3 sections, divided by 2 tabbed envelope pages with a flap/pockets & tags.



 
 
 
As I was finished in plenty of time, I've included this tag also.  I've used glimmer mist, paint sprays, stamps, TCW templates, texture paste, gesso, and handmade flower.
 
This has been an interesting challenge, which I really had to think a lot about and have learnt a lot as well.  I hope Tai likes this, and can make good use of it.  I am now waiting for hers to arrive here to me.    I've got lots of ideas of how to 'fill' my journal, perhaps that will be another post in the future.




1 comment:

  1. Wow you have been busy since I was on here last, love your sunken treasure one very cool, and the journel, I am thinking 20 pages won't be enough =). Enjoy looking at this you are very talented. will be up in early/mid sept so fingers crossed we can catch up

    ReplyDelete