Monday 7 October 2013

Floral Fantasy winner

Yay my entries have just been chosen as September's Overall Challenge winner over at Artfullcrafts.  The theme was 'floral fantasy', so anything with flowers could be entered.  And as I love flowers .... it was a no brainer but to enter.   I was running out of time so entered 2 oldies, but favourites of mine, both with lots of handmade flowers.
 
 
This boot was made in a swap, so sadly now I don't have it any more.  I really enjoyed this challenge, which started by painting the dark grey boot with gesso before I covered it with several layers of satin, then lace fabrics.  I made the majority of the flowers, mostly the yoyo style, then added lots of pearls, pheasant feathers, ribbons, small doilies, mini roses and leaves.
I was sad to see it leave our shores, but love the shoe I got back in return.

 
This layout is a real favourite of mine, here I was trying out new ideas and I'm very happy with the result.  With such a pretty picture of 2 gorgeous girls, I had to make something special.  Here I've started with G45 paper, then used lots of lace, feathers and a Dusty Attic skeleton clock face.  I've used some of the same flowers as the boot, and added some of my crocheted ones as well. 
I particularly love all the stitching, a technique I will use again.
 
Thanks to all the crew at Artfull Crafts for my selection, and I hope to continue to contribute to your monthly challenges with more of my projects.

1 comment:

  1. Comments made on Dusty Attic for 'Besties'

    Comment by Geraldine Pasinati on February 16, 2013 at 2:04pm
    Very nice page...love black and purple combo!

    . Comment by Karen Shady on February 20, 2013 at 10:26am
    love the colour combo, the clocks look gorgeous..

    . Comment by Gabrielle Pollacco on February 21, 2013 at 12:41pm
    Great take on the sketch!! I just love the dotty paper and the clock chippies are such a nice touch!! Beautiful page! xo

    . Comment by Vicky Alberto on February 26, 2013 at 12:24am
    very beautiful work!

    . Comment by Donna Stanek on February 27, 2013 at 8:07am
    Beautiful! Love the colors and the floral placement.

    . Comment by Michelle Grant on April 1, 2013 at 6:05pm
    Beautiful Layout!!

    ReplyDelete