Wednesday 20 November 2013

Art Journal 4

Another month is now well underway, so here I have completed my page in the latest journal in the Creative Dreams monthly Art Journal challenge.   Now being in the fourth month its great to see some of the other girls contributions as well.  This is Allies journal, and she was clever and created the book herself by including magazine pages, photocopy paper, odds and scraps of cardstock and manila folder....etc.  Its actually more of a junk journal or smash book, lots of options here to work with.



 
The theme of the journal is "What does home mean to you?", so I've gone along the lines more of scrapbooking than arty, and shown her what "home is ...." to me.  The two outside pages are actually magazine pages, which I gesso'd, leaving some of the words showing thru, then used templates (brick wall), paint, colouring pencils, distress inks & glimmermist, then lots of photos and even a favourite recipe.
 
Its always a pleasant surprise to see what secrets and expectations the next journal brings, a great learning curve.  I am really enjoying being part of this group.

No comments:

Post a Comment