Saturday 23 November 2013

Rottnest Island

I have been spoilt with lovely photos to be included in my layouts, so only by choosing my embellishments firstly did I decide which photos to use.  Todays layout is being entered in the monthly sketch layout at Dusty Attic where I worked to this sketch:

 
Recently when we visited Perth I came across a scrapbooking shop which has LOTS of Dusty Attic chipboard.  I was like a kid in a candy store and shopped till I dropped (so to say).  I was even thrilled to come across the title of this layout 'Rottnest Island' which is a small island just off the Freemantle/Perth coast, where we spent the day.
 

 
I love how all the colours work together, don't ask me where the orange came from but it works (I think).  Here I've used G45 and other random paper, several different trims, flowers from my stash, TH distress inks and of course lots of DA chippies, which include the title 'Rottnest Island' - DA0169, barbed wire from the Rustic Charm set - DA0665, and of course Dusty-in-Bloom - DA0802.
 
We had a great day out on the island, where we hired bicycles and peddled round the island.  Unfortunately we got caught in the rain when we were on the far side of the island at the lighthouse.  Luckily it was warm, and we did quickly dry out.  It was a long day as we had trained down to Freemantle early in the morning to catch the first ferry out, then upon our return again we trained back through to the north side of Perth.
 
Its great to find sketches which allow you use more than one photo, as its always awesome to show off holiday photos this way.  I hope you like my interpretation of the sketch.  Please leave a comment, your thoughts are always greatly appreciated. 


2 comments:

  1. Super story and page and great take on the sketch. Sounds like a fun day out albeit for the rain.

    ReplyDelete