Tuesday 22 April 2014

mm . . . fish

Here's a masculine layout without a flower in sight (very hard for me to do).  Hubby recently took part in a local fishing competition and after an overnighter out at sea they returned with a large chilly bin full of mixed fish.  What a great excuse to use this gorgeous felt cut out 'fishing boat' from Imagine if.

 
I started the page with a paper from Heartfelt Creations which I cut to shape using a template. Once the edges were all distressed I added a bit of interest with some modelling paste thru the TCW template, which I heat embossed with silver while the paste was still wet, then added some random script stamping.  Once the photo was matted & distressed the page came together very quickly.  All the embellishments are from Imagine if - felt fishing boat, sea shells & corner flourish (both of which I flocked to give that 'felted' look).  I chose to leave the chipboard lettering raw as the colours fitted so well.
 
These embellishments are proudly 'NZ made' and most are available in chipboard as well as felt, although its not too hard to change their appearance to suit as I have done here.  Jo and her team are still extremely busy turning out lots of new items to excite us all.  Keep visiting to see what they come up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment