Thursday 1 May 2014

Mothers Day card

For a change I've decided to try my hand at cardmaking, something I very rarely do.  Our latest theme at Creative Craft Cottage is 'flowers and hearts', which immediately struck me as being a great theme for a Mothers Day card.

 
Mum loves her bright colours and wears a lot of these strong pinks and blues, so why not go with those colours on her card??
 
I love the combination of burlap with the softer ribbons & flowers, so started by fraying & stitching the edges.  The blue heart is actually a paper doily which got a coat of Dylusion Ink as it was too fragile to paint or ink.  The 'I am Roses' flowers compliment the colours of the hearts nicely,  then the card is finished off with a seam binding bow.
 
Come and see all the lovely examples the other DT ladies have on site for your inspiration.  I hope to see your entries there soon, until then happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment