Monday 26 May 2014

Sunshine Superman

Here we are with my completed pages in the 10th of the Creative Dreams art journals.  Ooooh, its now very close to the return of my journal, with all the awesome artwork completed by the other ladies, I can't wait.  But at hand today is my latest pages where the theme was "Journey".  I wanted to do something a bit abstract, so came up with this idea.


 I wanted to show the effect of superman 'bursting' through the sky, which I think I have achieved.  The background has been coloured with gelato's, and as this was my first use of them I must admit that I'm rather impressed.  Over top of the yellow (butterscotch) stripes I've used a TCW template and TH Scattered Straw distress ink, whereas the blue (blueberry) stripes I used TH Pumice Stone through the TCW template.  Serviettes were used for the superman components of the pages.  TH Alpha tiles, Dylusions edging stamp & dots and rings of gesso finish the pages.

Being part of a group like this has been one big journey for us all.  It is a great opportunity to tryout techniques and ideas that wouldn't otherwise be touched on, and seeing what the other ladies come up with is also such a great way to learn.

Thanks for visiting, keep an eye out for the last two instalments over the next two months.  They will be easy to search for as they are all labelled CD.

No comments:

Post a Comment