Thursday 3 July 2014

Love our Dog

Time for another new challenge at Southern Girls Challenge where the theme this time is 'You spin me right round baby' (circles).  Straight away I thought of using circle shaped photos, and then the rest just grew from there

 
I started with a Heartfelt Creations paper where I've distressed the edges, then lots of texture was added using 2 different TCW templates.  A bit of ink was rubbed under the larger stitched circles, then I just stitched the smaller circles to match in the corners.  The awesome little dogs, chipboard word & lettering come from Imagine if . . .
 
This closeup shows the lollipop flowers (yes, more circles) with the clear beads in the centres.  The satin fabric I've used was different thickness, hence the different effects I've got when heating the edges.

 
This has been a fun page to make, especially when I realised that I haven't actually made a layout since the last SGC layout I made 6 weeks ago.  I've been too busy doing OTP creations for SENZ, which is finally upon us this weekend.  I hope some of you can make it and go and see some of my work, and that of the other awesome designers at the Imagine if . . stand.
 
Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment, as I will when I visit your entry into this challenge.  Lets see what you can all do with circles.  Good luck to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Love this Brenda! So many gorgeous details, from the triptych of circles in the corners, to the wee chipboard dogs, the hand made flowers, so many lovely touches to really set off those gorgeous photos. Love everything about this layout! Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete