Saturday 26 July 2014

Zipper flowers

I LOVE trying out new techniques and projects, and my latest conquest is one I've been practising on and off for some time now.  I know I've still got to practice more before I'm completely happy with everything, but here's my first real efforts worth sharing.

 
I made these zipper flowers each out of a 7" zip.  The pink ones are mostly stitched, whereas the black is mostly hot glued.  I followed these excellent instructions on You Tube, for the pink ones here and the black here.  I'll be using the 2 pink flowers on my current project, and the black one has been made into a brooch for a friend as below.  Instructions to attach the pin are included in the pink tutorial.

 
I hope you have found this helpful and would love to see your efforts also.  I'm now off to try some multi-coloured flowers or perhaps a butterfly or dragonfly. 
 
As always have a happy scrappy day, and please leave a comment.
 
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing.... I'm going to need heaps of luck to do this.... I never sew so this will be a challenge on it's own!!! Thanks Brenda:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - I think I have that tablecloth at my house *giggle* and second - how awesome are those flowers!!! I bought some zips from goodwill ages ago to make some flowers and never did - NOW I'm going to give it a go, thanks for the fantastic shot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete