Sunday 17 August 2014

Colourful Beach Hop

This weeks creation for Imagine if . . is anything goes as Jo and her team of helpers are busy moving into the new shop following a 2nd really successful craft show (she does nothing the easy way, lol).  So to carry on with her theme of  'painting' I thought I'd show you the MDF Art Box I've made up.

 
This was such a fun project to work on, and allowed me to share my other passion with you all, yes I am a petrolhead. 

 
The MDF box comes in pieces and is assembled very easily as shown

 
I covered the base & outsides with embossed aluminium foil before painting each section with Lumiere Metallic Acrylic, this is a gorgeous, luxurious paint to use.  I love the finish I've achieved. 
 
Now for the real fun part.  I have so many photos taken at the Beach Hop - a Rock'n'roll & Hot Rod week held annually at Whangamata, which we've attended nearly every year since buying our Dodge.  It was a shame to cover the awesome background, so I've kept the colours true as best I could, and showing off the embossing where I could.



 
I've used lots of gorgeous Imagine if . .  chippies here.  The words & small cogs were heat embossed, chicken wire & banners were painted, lamp post was covered with embossed aluminium foil, while the quote was inked.  These flowers & leaves are also now available.  A few trinkets just finish the whole thing off nicely.
 
This has been a real fun project to tackle, I now wonder where this will live . . . in the man cave perhaps ? ? ?
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning: l love how the Colours pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing love the vibrancy of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to showcase your love of cars and the beach hop. Is the man cave somewhere you can go? If not then why would you hide your lovely work in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Brenda! I so love this MDF art box... The colours pop and it's so creative and such a wonderful reminder of a fantastic time!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete