Tuesday 30 June 2015

More from Egypt

Yay I'm the winner. 
Todays layout has been created very rushed as Part 2 of the monthly Scrap-a-bull facebook challenge. For Part 1 I submitted my lovely layout about 'Mia's Christening', and was luckily chosen in the Top 3 which now required me to create a layout following this sketch

 
For my layout I rotated this sketch once clockwise to suit my photos.
 

I started by creating LOTS of strips of texture under my photos, using ripped dictionary paper, embossed cardstock, corrugated cardboard, drywall tape, burlap.  All then got a coat of gesso before being coloured primarily with Lindy's Stamp Gang mists.
 
Next I heat embossed the awesome Dusty Attic Geometric Corners, which I cut into the 5 pieces I've attached around the page.  These were surrounded with glass & micro beads.  I LOVE THESE.
 
 
 
 

 
To finish the page I added some splotches, some light random stamping then heat embossed Imagine if . stars.  I'm impressed with the new Prima stamp I've used around the outside of the page.
 
Thank you to all of you who voted for me on facebook, I wouldn't have won without you all.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment